What is covered?
- As an affiliated member or compete member of Badminton England, you receive public liability cover up to GBP10,000,000.
- The insurance aims to cover the cost of defending a claim that has been made against you if you are held responsible for causing injury to another person or have damaged a third party’s property. Cover also includes member to member claims.
- If you are a ‘compete’* member, in addition to the public liability cover, you also receive personal accident benefits.
*Compete members are players that play in sanctioned tournaments and competitions and upgrade to compete membership
As part of your membership with Badminton England you automatically receive the benefit of the association's combined liability.
The following covers are in place :
- Public & Products liability GBP10,000,000 any one event (any on period for products/ pollution)
- Professional indemnity GBP10,000,000 any one event
- If you are a ‘compete’ member you also receive personal accident benefits and cover for your sports equipment (up to GBP525).
Yes, the public liability and personal accident cover (if you are a complete member) is provided worldwide, as long as the activity is one that is recognised by Badminton England.
However, you will need to take out additional travel insurance.
You may however be entitled to benefits within the personal accident policy if you are a ‘compete member’. Please contact Bluefin Sport on 0345 872 5060 if you wish to make a personal accident claim.