clubs, counties and leagues
What is covered?
The Insurance provided by way of affiliation will protect you and your club, county or league if you are held responsible for the injury to another person, or damage to third party’s property. The policy also provides management liability for committee members.
The policies' limits are as follows:
- Public and products liability – GBP10,000,000 each and every claim.
- Professional indemnity - GBP10,000,000 each and every claim.
- Employers liability - GBP10,000,000 each and every claim.
- Management and corporate legal liability - GBP5,000,000 each and every claim.
- Abuse cover - GBP2,500,000 in the aggregate.
- Public and products liability GBP10,000,000 any one event (any one period for products/pollution).
- Abuse cover GBP5,000,000 any one occurrence and in the aggregate.
- Professional indemnity GBP10,000,000 in the aggregate.
- Directors and officers GBP5,000,000 in the aggregate.
- Corporate legal liability GBP10,000,000 in the aggregate.
- Employers liability GBP10,000,000 any one event.
Only claims regarding professional indemnity, public and products liability and corporate liability require an excess to be paid.
- Professional indemnity – GBP500.
- Public liability (third party property damage only) – GBP250.
- Abuse – GBP500.
If the club is incorporated the directors may still find themselves personally liable and therefore directors and officers/ trustees indemnity insurance is essential.
Please note this is a different type of cover to professional liability, which is a form of liability insurance which helps protect professional advice given by your club this is also known as errors and omissions cover.
Please note volunteers should be treated in the same way as paid employees as the law does not restrict the definition of employees to those who receive payment for their services.
The liability policy in place will respond and insurers will investigate the claim on behalf of the club.
However, if a spectator injures themselves at an event and there is no negligence attaching to the club or its members there is no automatic payment to the spectator.
In respect of safeguarding allegations records should be kept indefinitely.
If an incident occurs please contact Bluefin Sport on 0345 872 5060
Once they have attended the six sessions in order to attend any more they must become affiliated members of your club or Badminton England.